Thursday, February 16, 2012

"Bro's Cajun Cuisine" Review

February 16, 2012
Had lunch at one of my favorite places in Nashville today,  Bro's!  Not much on atmosphere but if you want some good cookin then it's your place!  I ordered the Gumbo which had both chicken & Andouille sausage over rice.  The "rue" was dark and full of flavor.  The chicken was tender and the Andouille has a slight amount of heat!  Very good, very filling!  I also had a 1 lb, side of Crawfish.  Tons of flavor!  I wanted to stay and order more and make an afternoon of it but you know....gotta bet back to the Grind!  As always it was full at lunch time.  The layout is crazy and as I said the decor is bare minimum.  Darrell Breaux is always there with a quick joke and a smile.  The service is sometimes slow but today it was quick (except for the Crawfish)...but they arrived shortly behind the Gumbo.  I left with a full stomach and an empty pocketbook!  It's a bit pricy for lunch but well worth it IMHO!  I can't wait to return.  Hope to see you there!

No comments: